- What is SCC?
- Meetings Schedule
- SCC Roster
- Annual LAND Trust Funding
- LAND Trust Reports
- Rules of Order
“The School Community Council (SCC) is comprised of parents, school employees, and the principal. The Council has statutory responsibilities to develop the School Improvement and LAND Trust plans which are focused on increasing student achievement in our school and may include provisions for professional development. Throughout the school year, the SCC reviews school data, identifies academic needs, sets measurable goals, establishes action steps to reach those goals, and evaluates success of the plans. This gives parents and school employees opportunity to be involved in the decision making process at the local school level.
The SCC is responsible for determining how the LAND Trust funds are used in our school. When Utah was granted Statehood, parcels of land were placed in a perpetual Trust with the children of Utah as beneficiaries. Revenues from these lands go into the Permanent State School Fund. The dividends and interest of that fund are distributed annually to each public school in Utah. Our school received $52,316 during the 2016-2017 school year.
Additionally the SCC serves as an advisory council to the school and district administration as well as the Canyons District Board of Education. In this role, an SCC fosters communication between the school and the community on local school issues. The School Community Council is a vital partner in fulfilling the mission of Canyons School District: Every student will graduate college-and-career ready.
- September 14th, 2015 - Agenda | Minutes
- November 12th, 2015 - Agenda | SCC Minutes November 2016
- February 11th, 2016 - SCC Agenda February 2016 | SCC Minutes February 2016
- April 21st, 2016 - SCC Agenda April 2016 | SCC Minutes April 2016
- November 17, 2014 - Agenda | Minutes
- October 28, 2014 -
- January 13, 2015 - Agenda |
- March 17, 2015
- *others scheduled as needed
- September 2013 - | Minutes
- October 7, 2013 - | Agenda
- December 10, 2013 - | Agenda
- February 25, 2014 - | Agenda
All are invited to attend the meetings.