Monday Mustang Message
May 8 – 12, 2023
- As you know from the PTA’s posts, it is Teacher Appreciation Week! Help us celebrate and honor our teachers this week, and throughout the year!
- Families, we have 14 more days of school. This can be a challenging time for students as they have changes to their daily schedules with testing, the school year is coming to a close, and they want to enjoy the nice weather. We are seeing an increase in disrespectful and challenging behavior in and out of the classrooms. Please remind your students to keep practicing their Mustang PRIDE – Peace, Respect, Integrity, Determination, and Excellence. It is so important to be consistent with routines at home, such as the same bedtime and limiting screen time. We are all in this together! Thank you for your support.
- Tomorrow, Tuesday, May 9, is our weekly FRESH PRODUCE MARKET at 2:40 pm out in front of the school. A parent/guardian can pick up a bag of fresh fruit and vegetables at no cost to our school families. This week, we will be providing mangoes, carrots, limes, Mexican squash, lettuce, red peppers, Roma tomatoes, and plantains. Please note: this is first come, first served with limited supply for approximately 50 families. Thank you to NBA Cares, First Utah Bank, Zions Bank and Rancho Markets.
- Tomorrow is also our monthly Mobile Food Pantry through the Utah Food Bank. This will begin at 3:05pm inside the school. Students and/or family members may pick up a bag of food items that weighs approximately 20 pounds. If you have smaller students, please assist them in picking up the food as it can get quite heavy. Thank you to AARP for sponsoring our school for this food pantry as well as for volunteering to fill bags with food each month.
- Tomorrow evening, check out ParentSquare or Facebook at 7:00pm for our next Tuck You In Tuesday. Mrs. Sandgren one of our instructional coaches will be reading to us! This will be a good one!
- Friday, May 19: Midvale Elementary Living Traditions Celebration, 9:30am at the Midvale City Park Amphitheater
- Grade levels will be sitting together and performing 1-2 songs on stage. Families are welcome to bring a blanket or chair to watch as well – we will have a family section just for you!
- Friday, May 19: Midvale Elementary PTA Carnival, 4:00-8:00pm
- Monday, May 22: Kindergarten Graduation
- Tuesday and Wednesday, May 24-25: Field Days (1st, 2nd, 4th on May 24, 3rd & 5th on May 25)
- Friday, May 26:
- Growth Parade and 5th Grade Clap-Out, 10:00am
- No lunches provided this day
- Early release at 12:25pm
- Happy Summer!