Student safety is a primary concern at Midvale Elementary School. Please remember these general parking lot rules:
1. Please slow down. Speeds in the lot should be 5 mph or less, especially during dropoff and pickup.
2. Once you pass Oak Street on the west side of the building, all traffic is one way. The only exit at that point will be going north on Chapel St.
3. Please do not make U-turns off the curb in the kindergarten pickup area. Proceed north and exit the lot on Oak St. or Chapel.
4. Double/Triple parking is not allowed. This happens frequently in the kindergarten and preschool areas. Wait for a space along the curb to become available before you drop off your child.
5. Parents who need to park and escort students into the building should use a parking stall. Do not park you car at the curb – this area is for dropoff only.
6. Please be respectful of school staff directing traffic in the parking lot. They are there trying to keep kids safe.
7. Allow plenty of time for pick-up/ drop-off. Come early to avoid peak traffic if you have an appointment or other obligation.
Midvale Elementary Parking Lot
Area #1: All traffic entering from Oak Street must turn right and make a U-turn in the area labeled #2 on the map
Area #2: This is the designated U-turn area for traffic entering from Oak St. Northbound traffic should allow cars to make the U turn and merge into the drop off lane at this point.
Area #3: All traffic in the Midvale parking lot is one way. No cars should enter the parking lot from Chapel St in Area #3. Traffic may enter the Midvale lot off of Wasatch St. or Oak St.
Area #4: This area is closed to two way traffic. Cars will no longer be able to pass from the elementary lot to the middle school lot at this point.
Area #5: Elementary school parents who wish to pick up in the middle school parking lot must wait in a designated parking stall. If the stalls closest to the elementary school are full, parents will need to park in the middle school lot located further to the East.
Area #6: The faculty/staff parking lot should not be used as a pickup/dropoff area