Welcome to your Monday Mustang Message for the week of April 11-15, 2022!
- Welcome back to school! We hope you all enjoyed your Spring Break and your students are ready for learning!
- Tomorrow morning, students will be attending an assembly called, “Magic with a Message.” The message is about bullying, presented in a fun and meaningful way. Ask your students what they learned!
- Tomorrow, Tuesday, is our April Mobile Food Pantry at 3:05pm. All families of Midvale Elementary students are eligible.
- What a busy day – tomorrow evening is our Tuck You In Tuesday virtual storytime! Check back in to ParentSquare or social media at 7:00pm to hear Ms. Nelson read a special story!
- This Friday, April 15, will be our next All Pro Dads. Dads, step-dads, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures, please bring your students and join us at 7:30am for breakfast and an interactive discussion facilitated by Mr. Navarro, our 5th grade Dual Immersion teacher. Mr. Navarro will provide Spanish interpretation; please contact Heidi Sanger here on ParentSquare or in the office for other languages so interpreters can be arranged.
Looking ahead to next week:
- Career Day is next Tuesday, April 19. If you have not signed up to speak to students about your career yet and wish to do so, please let us know by tomorrow.
- Hillcrest High School is hosting a Wellness Fair on Wednesday, April 20, from 5-8pm. They will have many resources and much information available for families. Please join them!
- Next Friday, April 22, is a Remote Learning Day. Students will complete their work online on CANVAS, or may complete the worksheets that will be sent home by teachers on Thursday, April 21.
Parents know firsthand the impact a poor night’s sleep has on kids. Lack of sleep can contribute to crankiness, problems with attention and learning, behavior issues, and even health problems such as obesity. Though the reasons for poor sleep vary, there’s growing evidence that media and technology interfere with bedtime routines and sleep. Learn more from Common Sense about how to help your kid get a good night’s sleep at https://cnyns.org/3iQHsSb (Links to an external site.).