Welcome to the Monday Mustang Message for the week of January 10-14, 2022!
- Per a new health order by the Salt Lake County Health Department, face masks are required in public schools for 30 days starting Saturday, Jan. 8. The order, which to date, has been allowed to stand by the Salt Lake County Council, extends to all indoor public places, including public schools. The order also requires mask-wearing while queueing outdoors. It applies to all county residents regardless of their vaccination status or previous COVID-19 infections, and will be in place for 30 days, through Monday, Feb. 7, or until further notice.
- Starting today through the end of next week, Midvale Elementary is participating in the American Heart Association’s Kids Heart Hero Challenge. Students will be playing Heart Hero Bingo by completing the healthy choice challenges on the card, with the opportunity to earn a prize for making healthy choices. Ask your student to tell you something they learned about how to make healthy choices for a healthy heart!
- Tomorrow, Tuesday, January 11, we will be hosting our monthly Mobile Food Pantry at 3:05pm. All Midvale Elementary School families are eligible to receive a bag of food while supplies last. Please remember to wear a mask inside the school.
- Thursday, January 13, Midvale Elementary will host an Open House for the Midvale-Area Elementary School Boundary Study from 6:00-7:00pm. For more information, please go to the Web Portal: https://www.canyonsdistrict.org/boundary-proposal/
- On Friday, January 14, there will be no school for students, as indicated on the school calendar. There is also no school on Monday, January 17, in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. *Note: Tuesday, January 18, will now be a remote learning day.
- Midvale Elementary will be hosting another free COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic on January 26 from 3:30-6:30pm, provided by the Salt Lake County Health Department. This is open to the community and masks are, of course, required.