Welcome to our Monday Mustang Message for the week of September 12-16, 2022!
- Families, please note that the only doors that are open for visitors/families to enter the school building are the front doors on the north side of the building. All visitors must sign in in the office and get a visitor or volunteer sticker before entering the main part of the school. This guideline is to make sure that we know who is in our building to keep all of our students and staff safe. We appreciate your assistance in this.
- Tomorrow, Tuesday, September 13, is our first Mobile Food Pantry of the school year. Students and/or families of Midvale Elementary students may come at 3:05pm to get a bag/bags of food items from the Utah Food Pantry. A big Thank You to AARP for sponsoring our school’s food pantry!
- On Friday, September 16, we will have a special morning celebration at 8:00-8:20am in front of the school. We will be recognizing both the start of National Hispanic Heritage Month as well as Constitution Day.
- “From September 15 to October 15 each year, Americans observe National Hispanic Heritage Month, a time to celebrate the achievements, histories, traditions and cultural diversity of Hispanic/Latino/Latinx Americans whose heritage is rooted in 20 Latin American countries and territories: Spain, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Cuba, Puerto Rico, and the Dominican Republic.” This year, the National theme is Unidos: Inclusivity for a Stronger Nation. This fits perfectly with this year’s theme at our school: Better Together!
- Canyons School District is celebrating Constitution Day Friday, September 16, 2022, to commemorate the formation and signing of the US Constitution by 39 Founding Fathers on September 17, 1787. Educational institutions that receive Federal funds fiscally are required to hold an educational program about the U.S. Constitution for its students. We will be recognizing this day both in our morning celebration as well as in classrooms as students learn more about the Constitution!
- Our first MomsMatter Meeting of the school year is next Friday, September 23, at 8:10am in the school gym. We will be sending out flyers; please join us! (Dads and father-figures – don’t worry – All Pro Dads is next month!)
- Family-Teacher Conferences will be held on September 28-29. More information will be sent out very soon so you can schedule a time to meet with your students’ teachers to celebrate your student!