Welcome to our Monday Mustang Message for the week of September 26-30, 2022! Please take note of these important announcements:
- Family Teacher Conferences will be held this week, primarily after school on Wednesday, September 28, and Thursday, September 29. If you have not yet signed up for a time slot to talk with your child’s teacher about their progress, please do so on ParentSquare as soon as possible. If you need assistance, please contact your child’s teacher or the front office.
- On Thursday, September 29, school will release at 1:25pm. Please be sure to make arrangements for your child that day.
- There is NO SCHOOL on Friday, September 30.
- We are hosting a Boo to the Flu Clinic during Family Teacher Conferences, from 3:00-7:00pm both days. Flu shots will be available to everyone free of charge. If you do have insurance, please bring this information with you.
- Other community resource tables will be here during conferences, including the Copperview Recreation Center and the Community Building Community (CBC) Clinic, which will be offering basic vital screenings (blood pressure, weight, height) and health information.
- Starting this year, all girls and family restrooms in Canyons schools will be equipped with free period products. HB162 (https://le.utah.gov/~2022/bills/static/HB0162.html), which was passed by state lawmakers in 2022, requires Utah school districts to provide period products in each girls or unisex bathroom at every school, including at the elementary level. The law went into effect on July 1. Custodial crews are currently installing the dispensers. Canyons District recognizes and respects the rights of parents to decide when to have age-appropriate conversations with their children about the need for and proper use of period products. Questions? Please call 801-826-5000 or send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, October 5: School Pictures