Welcome to our Monday Mustang Message for the week of April 18-22, 2022!
- End-of-year testing, called RISE, begins this week for 3rd-5th graders and will continue through May 20. Here are a few things that families can do to prepare students at home:
- Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep and eats a healthy breakfast.
- Make the morning of testing as relaxing as possible by arriving to school on time. Testing begins right away in the morning so students must be to school by 8:25am so they are settled in and ready to begin.
- Encourage children to focus and pace themselves without rushing. It’s important to take your time, and read each question carefully.
- Tomorrow evening at 7:00pm, check ParentSquare or social media to hear Miss Christie read us our Tuck You In Tuesday story!
- We have a wonderful opportunity coming up for our community. REAL Salt Lake is gifting our community free tickets for the RSL professional soccer game on Saturday, May 14, at 7:30pm. Because there are a limited number of tickets and we want to fill our section of the stadium with Midvale Elementary fans, we are asking families to sign up for the tickets and commit to attending the game that evening.
- Families, our Lost and Found area is overflowing. Please, please come and find your child’s lost items and take them home. Anything that is not removed by the end of April will be donated.
- This Friday, April 22, is our last Remote Learning Day of this school year. Students can choose to do the work on CANVAS or complete the packets teachers will provide on Thursday if they do not have access to CANVAS. Remember, the Tyler Library is open and available for the community to access books, computers and Internet, and so much more.
- We balance the food we eat to stay healthy. We also need to balance our media use. Media includes the shows and videos we watch, the video games and apps we play, and the music we listen to. Try completing a media balance checkup with your family to determine together if the way your family uses media feels balanced and healthy. For this Common Sense activity, visit cnyns.org/3iXRoJH.
- For Friday, April 29, we have some exciting news! Flyers will be sent out – put this in your calendar!
- Children’s Day Celebration at the Midvale Middle School Auditorium at 3:45pm
- PTA Carnival at Midvale Elementary School from 4:30-7:30pm