Monday Mustang Message
November 7-11, 2022
- Families, our Lost and Found area is exploding with sweaters, hoodies, jackets, backpacks, and anything else you can imagine. PLEASE come and collect your student’s lost items. Remember to put your student’s name in their items so they can be identified if they misplace them, and remind students not to set their items down but to take them with them or put them in the class basket at lunch recess. Thank you for helping us solve this problem!
- Digital Citizenship Message of the Month: Most kids will encounter mean behavior at some point in their digital lives. To some kids, this experience is a blip that’s easily forgotten, while for others it can have deep, long-lasting effects. For parents, the key is staying involved in kids’ lives — both online and off — so they can step in and offer help if necessary. With guidance from parents and educators, kids can learn how to dodge the drama and stand up for others. Visit Common Sense Media to learn more about these quick tips (www.commonsense.org/education.
- Thursday, November 10, will be Picture-Retake Day. Forms will be sent home with students to complete if they missed Picture Day in September. If you just want re-takes, please have your student bring in their previous pictures from September when they come to school that day.
- Also on Thursday, November 10, Hillcrest High School is hosting a Wellness Fair from 5:00-8:00pm in their Commons Area near the front office. They will have community health resources, flu vaccines, health screenings, prizes, free haircuts, cooking demonstrations, and more! All Midvale community members are welcome!
- Friday is Veteran’s Day. Midvale Elementary would like to Honor our Veterans! Please share with us a copy of a picture of a family member who has served in any military branch by Thursday, November 10. Please include your family member’s name, military branch, years of service, and the relationship to your student, including your student’s name. You may also email this information to: email@example.com.
- Mobile Food Pantry: Tuesday, November 15, at 3:05pm
- Moms Matter Session: Friday, November 18, at 8:10am