The following tips are from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
- I will clean up my toys, and keep my room in good order.
- I will brush my teeth twice a day, and wash my hands before eating and after the bathroom.
- I won’t tease dogs, even friendly ones – and keep my hands and face away from their mouths.
- I will drink more milk and water, and limit soda and fruity drinks.
- I will apply sunscreen before going outdoors.
- I will find a sport or activity that I like, and do it at least three times a week.
- I will always wear a helmet when bicycling or boarding.
- I will wear my seat belt every time I get in the car.
- I’ll be nice to others, and friendly to kids who need friends – like someone shy or new to school.
- I’ll never give out personal information or pictures of myself to strangers or over the internet.
MAKE HEALTH YOUR RESOLUTION | Enjoy a new year of healthy possibilities!
Wendy Jaboro BSN, RN Canyons District Nurse for Midvale Elementary